Boat Building Process
So here is our 5 easy steps to starting that journey:
- How do you plan to use the boat, is it as a liveaboard or as a part-time cruiser.
- Will you be a cooking extraordinaire or going to the pub?
- Will you have people to visit, if so, how often?
- Start looking at other boats, including the different types of stern & layouts.
- Take a look on YouTube, there are some cracking channels that will help you understand further.
- Buy a copy of Waterways World & Canal Boat – their boat tests will help you understand some of the jargon.
- How much money have you got to spend? How will it be financed?
- Boat Builders:
- Research your different boat builders or even better, see the at one of the big boat shows like Crick.
- Research both stock boats & custom builds, here at Swan we offer both.
- Stock boats can help keep costs down, so make sure you take a look at both options.
- Visit Swan:
- Come visit us, we love to host people and show them what we do.
- We can talk through the above points together over a brew.
- Plus Liverpool is a cracking city to visit!